This English version is provided as a translation of the Japanese version. To the extent such translated version of this agreement conflicts with the Japanese version, the Japanese version controls.
We at NTT Resonant are operating media business, electronic commerce business and system solution business. In the efforts of doing these businesses, we handle a great amount of personal information.
We consider the proper handling and protection of personal information in all of our business activities to be a social responsibility.
1. Specified Purpose of Use
When we collect personal information, we will specify the purpose of use and collect information only within a defined scope necessary to achieve such purposes. Additionally, if we change the purpose of use, we will do so only in a manner that is reasonably deemed to be closely related to the original purpose of use.
2. Restrictions According to Purpose of Use
We will handle the personal information we collect only within the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use. However, we may use such information beyond the specified purpose when required by law, or if it becomes necessary to prevent personal harm, or for the protection of safety and property, etc.
3. Collection of Personal Information by Proper Means
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means.
4. Notification, Publication and Consent on the Occasion of Collection
When we collect personal information, we will provide notice or make public of the necessary matters such as the purpose for which such information will be used in advance, and collect information with the prior consent of our customers. We will do the same when collecting written information. When we make changes to the purpose of use and the like, we will provide notice or make public of the necessary matters such as the purpose of use in advance, and implement the change with the prior consent of our customers.
However, we may collect information without prior consent when required by law, or if it becomes necessary to prevent personal harm, or for the protection of safety and property, etc.
5. Securing the Accuracy of Data Contents
We will make reasonable efforts to keep personal data accurate and current within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
6. Security Control Measures
We will implement security control measures to help prevent the disclosure, loss or destruction of personal data and ensure the safe handling of such data, and will review these security control measures as appropriate.
7. Employee Supervision
In order to provide appropriate data security control over the personal data, we will provide necessary and appropriate supervision to our employees who handle personal data.
8. Outsourcing Supervision
We may outsource the handling of collected personal data to achieve the purpose of use. In such cases, we will select providers that are considered by us to handle personal information properly (overseas colocation and hosting by NTT Group companies and the like) . We will supervise such providers under contract to ensure compliance with all necessary provisions to protect private information.
9. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
When we share personal information with a third party, we will obtain prior customer consent. However, we may share information without prior consent when required by law, or if it becomes necessary to prevent personal harm, or for the protection of safety and property, etc. Additionally, a party shall not be construed as a "third party" if the party receives personal information in the following cases:
- ・When all or a portion of the handling of personal data is outsourced to such party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- ・When personal data is transferred to such party in conjunction with the succession of our business through a merger, or for other reasons.
- ・When personal data is to be used jointly with a third party, and information is made available to the customer regarding the items of personal data to be shared, the parties with whom the data will be shared, the purpose for which the data will be used and the name and title of the individual responsible for managing such data.
10. Publishing Matters Regarding Personal Data
We will specify in the policies for our individual services the following information regarding the personal data we collect:
- ・Name of company handling personal information
- ・Purpose of use
- ・Procedures necessary for disclosure to a customer or correction of his or her own personal data or to request discontinuation of use, etc. (including the method of disclosure if not provided in writing)
- ・Contact for inquiries
11. Publication of Purpose of Use of Personal Data Received In Connection with Outsourced Services
We will use any personal data obtained in connection with services outsourced to us by third parties solely for the purpose of providing such services.
12. Disclosure of Personal Data
When a customer requests that we disclose his or her own personal data to him or her in accordance with Paragraph 15 below, we will respond promptly. However, in the following situations, we may not disclose all or a portion of such data and there will be a fee charged if we accept a user's request for disclosure:
- ・When there is a risk of personal injury or property damage to the customer or another person or where other rights would be placed at risk.
- ・When there is a risk of significant obstruction to the proper operation of our business.
- ・When such disclosure would violate the law.
13. Correction of Personal Data
When we receive a request from a customer for correction, addition or deletion of his or her own collected personal data in accordance with Paragraph 15 below, we will investigate the request promptly and take appropriate steps based on the results of our investigation.
14. Discontinuing Use of Personal Data
When we receive a request from a customer to discontinue use of, or delete, his or her personal data in accordance with Paragraph 15 below, we will investigate the request promptly and will take appropriate steps based on the results of our investigation.
15. Contact Information
We welcome user inquiries and will respond promptly to questions, comments and complaints regarding personal information.
< Contact Address >
〒108-0023 Tokyo Minato-ku, Shibaura 3-4-1
This contact is for inquiries regarding personal information only.
Please click here for requests for disclosure, correction, discontinuation of use, etc. of personal information.
16. Administrative System
We have an administrator responsible for managing personal information and implementing necessary protective measures. We also make efforts to maintain and improve the protection of personal information by periodically conducting in-house audits.
17. Employee Education
We educate and emphasize to our directors and employees the importance of appropriate handling of personal information while implementing all necessary measures.
18. Legal Compliance
- Effective April 1, 2005
- Revised July 26, 2013
- Revised July 3, 2014